My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Friday, April 6, 2012

Creamy Chicken Enchilada

The picture does not do this dish justice. I am not a photographer but I am the self proclaimed crock pot queen. This was a great dish for the kids to help me make. Princess helped me mix the chicken mixture. Little man cut the tortilla strips. It was a fun morning with my two little helpers!

Both kids gobbled this up. Super yummy.
1 package corn tortillas
1 large can of chicken
16 oz. sour cream
2 cans green chilies, drained
1/2 cup onion
2 lbs. (about 4 cups) shredded cheddar
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 cans tomato sauce
Directions:Mix chicken, sour cream, chilies, onion & 3 C. cheese in bowl.Cut tortillas in strips. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.Layer 1/3 of the tortilla strips then chicken mixture and another layer of tortilla strips.Pour tomato sauce on top.Start again with chicken mixture then tortillas and tomato sauce until gone.Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size can of tomato soup? Could you substitute enchilada sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think that would work fine! Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It was the medium size can, there is a tiny one and a huge one..I do not know the ounces. the middle one

      Delete
  5. I'm confused by the can of chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is chicken sold in a can. It is by the tuna. You can always use left over chicken or any type of chicken you want :)

      Delete
  6. Can you use flour tortillas instead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe calls for cream cheese and sour cream, but I only see sour cream used in the recipe. Where does the cream cheese come in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What size bag of tortillas? This sounds amazing. I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was a small bag. I maybe used 8 tortillas.

    ReplyDelete